Thursday, November 10, 2011

Squealing Little Girls...

...make for great inspiration!  My girls, ahhh....my girls.  The high-pitched squeals they let out are just unbelievable.  I'm sitting in my office, scrolling through blogs and, well, let's be honest...stalking Facebook...and I hear those girly screams coming from the back of the house; I thought to myself, "Girls' Rooms!  There's a fun blog post!"  So that's what I'm writing about today.  I wrote in an earlier post that my style is changing and evolving lately, and included in that is the decor in my little girls' rooms.  They each have their own style and personality and they are POLAR opposite.  Ava Gray is my little tomboy--skinny jeans, vintage rocker shirts and converse, all the way.  Scarlett Jane, on the other hand, is completely different--she insists on wearing a tutu every single day, no matter what the weather or what she's wearing with it.  Skinny jeans and a t-shirt like her sister?  She wants a tutu on top.  Striped leggings and a sweater?  Tutu on top.  You get the point.  Right now their rooms are still, for the  most part, decorated like they were when we renovated and moved in two years ago, and because I have design ADD I think it's time for a change...

The first images are inspiration for Ava Gray's room--things I thought fit her personality.  They have a very relaxed bohemian vibe.  She's such a hippy chick, at heart:

Image via Lonny
Image via Lonny
Image via John Robshaw

Amanda Peet's daughter's room, Image via Google (I've been obsessed with this room forever, thanks to the spread in Domino Magazine....oh how I miss thee, Domino!)

These next few images are inspiration for Scarlett's room, a little more feminine and traditional:

Image via Little Green Notebook
Image via Houzz
Image via House Beautiful

Image via Isabella & Max Rooms

Every once in a while I think, "What if we had a third kid??  What if I had to put the girls in a room together?  How would I DO that?  Ooooh....if I had to do that, what would it look like?"  So I've been pinning a lot of images of twin beds and bunk-rooms lately.  Pinterest rocks, like I said earlier:

Image via Phoebe Howard
Image via Apartment Therapy
Image via Heather Peterson, design by Melissa Rufty
Image via Apartment Therapy

The dreaming never stops....and to top it all off, Ava Gray says she wants a rainbow room--painted every single color of the rainbow, with a blue ceiling, bunk beds and ship lights, like these...

I have no clue where she comes up with this stuff, but do you want to know a secret?  I'm thinking about giving her what she wants.....









1 comment:

  1. Hi Victoria! My name is Heather. We have been following each other on pinterest for awhile and I saw on your profile you had a blog. Glad I checked it out...adorable! I look forward to being a reader.
    Heather
    www.mymanymoments.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete